Wednesday 27 July 2011

A little different...


This is one of my favourite shots from 2010. I adore the story behind it: the groom's gentlemanly act, the rain, the bride hiking up her dress and the viewpoint.

But hang about, should I? Because I did wonder when I first took it whether I should actually have deleted it. I mean, where are their heads?! Surely that is a faux pas and is something you should always include? Well, I thought so once, but then I couldn't help but like it and I'm constantly drawn to the appeal of not seeing their heads. Instead it makes you take in more of the detail and what is happening, which is what a photograph should do. Tell a story.

Should every photograph be perfectly composed? No, not always and actually sometimes a rather more interesting shot comes about. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment