Wednesday 29 May 2013

Combe House Hotel, Somerset | Karen & Simon

Let me introduce to you Karen and Simon, who had the foresight to choose the best day in May to get married! The weather reporters got it wrong and we were given a day that was positively scorching!

Karen and Simon were married in St Peter's Church in Karen's home village of Williton and I had the pleasure of capturing the Bridal preparations first up, before heading to the church to meet Simon and the guests. A moving ceremony followed and the elated newlyweds emerged into the sunshine with smiles beaming.

Tucked away in the beautiful Quantock hills is a little gem of a wedding venue: Combe House Hotel. Karen and Simon chose this for their wedding reception and it didn't disappoint. Having visited the venue before I knew there would be some great locations for photos and I'd also spied a gorgeous bridleway just up the road and took the couple there as well for their shoot.

After the speeches, wedding breakfast and dancing I wanted to find a closing shot for the night and spied the rather marvellous tree (I apologise for not knowing what species!) standing in the middle of the garden. When the sun sets, on come the fairy lights! I knew this had some potential for a romantic shot and Karen and Simon were keen to try. It was definitely worth moving the picnic tables for and I love this as a final image to a fantastic day.

Bridal preparation photographs
St Peters church Williton
St Peters Church Williton
Combe House Hotel Somerset
Combe House Somerset
Combe House Hotel Somerset
Combe House Hotel Somerset wedding
Combe House Hotel Somerset
Combe House Hotel Somerset
Combe House Hotel Somerset
Combe House Hotel Somerset
I shoot weddings across the UK and would love to hear from you if you're looking for relaxed documentary images with creative portraiture. Head to my website to find out more: Somerset Wedding Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment